Reach Oxford Scholarship 2022
A number of Oxford colleges offer Reach Oxford Scholarships (formerly Oxford Student Scholarships) to students from developing countries who, for political or financial reasons, or because equivalent educational facilities do not exist, cannot study for a degree in their own countries.
Host University: Oxford University, United Kingdom
Level of study: Undergraduate programs in all subjects in the course listing, except medicine
Number of Awards: 2-3 per year
Target group: Applicants must be nationals of countries who receive official development assistance from the Development Assistance Committee (DAC) of the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD). See the official website for the complete list of eligible countries.
Tuition fees and college fees, a grant for living expenses, and one return air fare per year. The scholarship duration is 3 or 4 years depending on course length.
This scheme is only suitable for candidates who have received an offer and who are of the highest academic ability. Financial need and social commitment are also major criteria for selection. Applicants should be intending to return to their country of ordinary residence following their studies. Priority will be given to students who have not studied at the undergraduate level before.
How To Apply:
- Applications for 2021 entry are now closed. Details on how to apply for 2022 entry will be made available on this page in January 2022.
- For 2021 entry applicants who applied by the 10 February 2021 scholarship deadline, the selection process will be undertaken in March 2021.
- Applicants will be informed of the outcome of their application in April 2021.
- Scholars will be expected to write an annual report about their academic and social activities, and achievements at the University.
- Receipt of the award in subsequent years is subject to satisfactory academic progress.
- Applicants should be aware that competition for the scheme is very high and the University does not have additional funding for those candidates who are not offered a scholarship.
- If you hold an offer for deferred entry for an undergraduate course at Oxford, and you’d like to apply for a scholarship, please apply for the scholarship in January of the year you will start your Oxford course (eg in January 2022 if you hold an offer to start in October 2022). We can only consider applications for undergraduate scholarships once.